Archive for August, 2011
In today’s age, where the junk food overrules home-cooked food, there is an increasing and alarming rise of obesity among people from all over the world. In order for you to get rid of obesity, you must exercise regularly, and cut down on the food intake, particularly, food with a high sugar level. One must know for a fact that, getting obese is actually enabling a breeding ground of diseases in your body.
Heart attack, coupled with respiratory disease, is diseases that are prone to people who are obese. You should take corrective measures, lest you suffer from such fatal diseases, and die a premature death. Going to a nutritionist, you would get to know your body mass index (BMI), and that would be a good indicator as to what your weight should be in proportion with your height.
If you happen to be a few pounds heavier, consider going for regular exercise, mostly free hand, so that those few pounds can be shed within a matter of months. If you feel that, you are not able to go to a gym, then there are many exercises which can actually help you in getting rid of flab in the comfort of your home.
The first exercise that you can do that can reduce weight from your waist and thighs are squats. Squats can actually mean that you keep your back straight, and get down in a sitting posture, keeping the flat of your feet in its place. This exercise can be done in the comfort of your own living room, and you would not need any trained personnel to help guide you in this exercise. This exercise can help you get rid of the extra flab around your waist and legs, in turn, strengthening your muscles in that area.
Another exercise that you could do that can actually help you in getting strength to your upper part of the body is push-ups. In push-ups, you would have to extend your hand, keep your body straight and perpendicular to the floor level, and support the entire weight of your body in the palm of your hands and the tips of your feet. Then you would need to let the body come as close to the floor level, and then with the strength of your forearms, help your body to push away from the floor. In doing this exercise, your cardiovascular region, coupled with the strength of your forearms will be increased manifold, and the access flab that lead accumulated in this area would be gotten rid of.
With the use of a skipping rope, you could also do a very good exercise called jumping Jack. In this exercise, you would just have to jump over the skipping rope, while revolving the skipping rope around your body. This can be a very healthy exercise, as the flab from the entire part of your body would be exterminated, and you would find that this exercise can give you immediate results.
About Fever blisters
Fever blisters are afflictive lesions which usually erupt on the lips, cheeks, mouth area, chin or the nose, causing the sufferer physical as well as mental distress. Commonly known as cold sores, fever blisters are contagious in nature.
The mode of spread of fever blisters is the HSV 1 virus which can last for a week or two. Often, fever blisters are linked with herpes, but in reality they are dissimilar to each other. Herpes is triggered by the type-two of the same virus and affects the genital area whereas the root causes for fever blisters can vary.
Few known causes that can lead to fever blisters are prolonged anxiety, exhaustion, common cold, exposure to harmful UV rays, exposed cut or bruised skin near the mouth area, during child birth or menstruation.
Some useful practices to help heal fever blisters fast and effectively
• A few over-the-counter anodynes such as Paracetamol, ibuprofen or Aspirin that are available at the local pharmacist are quite effective in relieving the pain.
• Cover and protect the affected area as much as possible. For speedy recovery, application of a petroleum based product such as Vaseline is highly advisable. Other skin ointments such as Betadine are also reckoned as effective as they contain Povidone-iodine, which is known to aid in killing and fighting the bacterial infections.
• Refrain from eating spicy food items as they will exacerbate the problem. Instead, choose to eat healthy foods such as fruits, curd or lysine supplements which are proven to cure and to slow down the spread of fever blisters.
• Always keep the affected area clean and do not touch it with contaminated hands. Wash your hands with a medicated soap or use a sanitizer as a precautionary measure before you touch your face.
• Fever blisters sufferers should abstain from using used lipsticks, gloss, lip balms, handtowels, toothbrush, tissue papers etc.
• Since fever blisters are contagious in nature, indulgence in any type of oral sex should be avoided in order to aid the healing process.
• Use of natural or herbal products such as lemon balm and Ganoderma lucidum based products are highly recommended as they are rich in anti-viral properties.
• Avoid application of any cream or lotion which contains alcohol.
• Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water or juices in order to stimulate cell growth and expedite the healing process.
• To mitigate the symptoms of fever blisters, intake of vitamin E supplements in the form of prunes, nuts, etc. is highly suggested.
Although fever blisters usually heal well within eight to ten days, certain outbreaks can be of a hazardous nature, particularly afflicting people with weak immune systems. In cases where the outbreak persists for over two weeks, it is advisable to seek immediate medical attention in order to avoid complications.